About Me

My photo
I am a designer and artist. I have a strong love for fashion and exclusive items. Apparel, shoes, haberdashery, lifestyle items like boats, cars, gadgets, alcohol, exotic travel locations and the such are just a few of the things that will be covered in my blog. I design, cut & sew, and also do graphic design, and hand rendering in a wide array of media. I hope you find this blog fun, informative and most importantly "Fashionable"

Friday, August 26, 2011

Fall Cometh

I know many of you are not going to be happy about this obvious news but Fall a Cometh.

With Labor Day approaching I decided to get a jump on my Fall style direction. I headed over to H&M as my Nov trip to Hawaii has me on a strict budget. I found quite a few select pieces that will fill my wardrobe quite well as layering season begins. Here were some things that caught my eye:



While this is not a true Tartan Plaid I thought it was a cool casual look. Don't know IF I would purchase this particular one. But it was a good styling reference when I did find or decide to MAKE one for myself. Note the color block styling with the sleeves.




I have been looking for a great shawl collar sweater for fall. This one has some great colors and the 2x2 ribbing on the collar and placket are nice design details. The buttons on this were also very nicely chosen. I have also been looking for a golden knit tie that didn't look too cheesy. As brown is not a good complementary color for my skin tone so I usually go gold for fall & winter(not to be worn exclusively with the sweater shown, if at all).




I lost one of my leather gloves last winter with contrasting pick stitching and wool & cashmere lining. I was so depressed I loved that pair of gloves. But in every life a little rain must fall. Besides maybe the fashion gods were shining on me as I would not have taken note of these. Ugh...cannot tell me these are not sick. Herringbone upper with the leather bottom design. Never forget it's not that you accessorize, but HOW you accessorize.







And what a better compliment to those gloves than this herringbone blazer with the leather elbow patches. I think my styling on this speaks for itself.

That about does it. I have no fear in sharing my style with others as no one will ever wear anything and look exactly the same. In closing as always:

" Remember your look is integral. There
is no such thing as an insignificant detail."
JC Leyendecker


No comments:

Post a Comment