About Me

My photo
I am a designer and artist. I have a strong love for fashion and exclusive items. Apparel, shoes, haberdashery, lifestyle items like boats, cars, gadgets, alcohol, exotic travel locations and the such are just a few of the things that will be covered in my blog. I design, cut & sew, and also do graphic design, and hand rendering in a wide array of media. I hope you find this blog fun, informative and most importantly "Fashionable"

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Roberto





Life is crazy sometimes. It truly is a small world. An older latin gentleman stopped to ask me for a cigarette...

As I spoke to him reluctantly, he began to tell me his story. He began to speak to me about how the design industry has changed...I knew then, this conversation was about to take an interesting turn. He talked about taste level from what you drink to your apparel...

Then he asked me if I knew who Alan Flusser was...I paused before I told him I used to work for Alan Flusser. He reached out to shake my hand. We mommentarily bonded. An old fashion soul meeting a budding designer. We spoke of class and levels of mens dress. He requested that I feel his overcoat, I looked and knew the reason, the proof was mounting; It was 100% cashmere and beautifully crafted.

I often think about how quick we are to write people off as we go about our merry way traveling inside our own hustle and bustle bubble. He had never met me before or knew much of me except I was a designer who previously worked for a respected style authority that he, like so many, admired. He proceeded to tell me to continue on my path, that I would make it, as IF he had already known of my works. I was humbled by this and took it as a another sign that I was on my path destined for me.

All this could have just been nothing more than a random passing of two kindred fashion spirits. But I like to look at a glass half full rather than empty. We take so much for granted that we often devalue the small things that are like grains of sand. A grain of sand alone is not very inspiring in itself, however, surrounded by other grains it can create a beautiful surface on which to plant your feet.

Continue to inspire yourself and others through your actions and humble spirit. Life is a beautiful place when your eyes are capable of seeing a clear picture.

" Remember your look is integral. There is no such thing as an insignificant detail."

J.C. Leyendecker "The Bespoke Aficionado"

No comments:

Post a Comment