About Me

My photo
I am a designer and artist. I have a strong love for fashion and exclusive items. Apparel, shoes, haberdashery, lifestyle items like boats, cars, gadgets, alcohol, exotic travel locations and the such are just a few of the things that will be covered in my blog. I design, cut & sew, and also do graphic design, and hand rendering in a wide array of media. I hope you find this blog fun, informative and most importantly "Fashionable"

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Balenciaga Exhibit

I visited the Balenciaga Exhibit at the Queen Sophia Spanish Institute. It was quite a site to see all the creative pieces that this master of couture created during his career. They just don't make clothes like this anymore.

The detail and misleadingly simple construction was awe inspiring. I was able to take some pictures to share with all of you. If you have the chance make sure you stop by to see the exhibit which lasts until February 19th.




This was the book that they had for sale at the exhibit with some beautiful photos. Had to purchase this for my collection



Bronze silk cliqué and bead embellishment



Embroidered white satin with bronze taffeta sash



Evening coat of scarlet silk ottoman.



Lime green silk gazar



Point D'esprit evening dress with overskirt in grey silk faille



Dress of brown ciagaline and white mink and jacket of white mink



Full exhibit display



Black silk gazar



Silk organza with white cotton piqué



Black silk taffeta and lace



White taffeta in red carnation print with harem-style pouf skirt

Hope you all enjoyed this post. Leave comments to let me know what you think.

" Remember your look is integral. There is no such thing as an insignificant detail."

J.C. Leyendecker "The Bespoke Aficionado"

No comments:

Post a Comment